*NEW* MW Q-Age
Ash grain enhancer (Age)
A special mix of organic ingredients, blended to create a firm paste for simple application, that will immediately enhance and highlight the arrows and grain lines of any Ash shaft.
Suitable for all Ash cues that are pale in appearance, or have lost some dark grain colour in places due to wear or bad treatment. Or you simply want to make the arrows stand out more.
Applied in seconds, it will produce a natural looking, mature and antique appearance.
Ash Grain Enhancer - Simple & Foolproof
- Unique secret formula
- Seals and darkens Ash grain
- Quick and easy results
- Organic 100% natural ingredients
- MW Q-Age - Designed for Ash shafts
- Or can be used on any open grain wood where you want to highlight/darken the grain.
- Use to enhance the grain after the shaft has been prepared correctly
- Can be used on new and old cues
- It is not intended to be a grain filler that blocks the grain completely, moreover an extra process that brings out the grain pattern of the wood
1) Wear gloves, or at least avoid skin contact. It will get sticky so it's best to keep it off your skin or clean immediately with suitable solvent based spirit or specialist cleaners. Do not use water!
2) Apply generously, working well into every section of grain over the entire length of the shaft.
3) Buff with clean cloth or paper towel until there is no residue left on the surface.
4) Finish with an application of MW Q-Gel. This will 'clean' the surface, seal the Q-Age in the grain, and enhance the overall depth of colour leaving a warm and natural mature/antique appearance.
Some areas may not take on the colour well, due to very shallow depth of grain or possibly blocked areas of grain. You may be able to achieve a better result by applying small amounts to the specific individual areas only. Make sure you get some colour into whatever grain is available and then wipe off excess lightly so that you do not inadvertently 'drag' it out. Leave to dry for 24 hours and buff with a clean cloth.
- Do Not leave any excess Q-Age on the cue as it will stain your hands or clothing
- For new bare wood, it is recommended that you apply MW Q-Gel first.
- This will bring out the natural colour, seal the wood, and generally just make it easier/better.
Although not essential, I recommend using ultra fine 0000 grade steel wool to rub your cue after any application of MW Q-Gel, once it is fully dry. This 'secret' step will make the cue feel smoother in your hands and help develop a natural sheen/shine quicker. You can also re-apply Q-Gel straight after this if the wood feels 'dry' or unsealed in any areas.
Initially, the cue may not be as shiny as you want, but after a few weeks of regular buffing with a cue towel or other soft cloth, the oil finish will mature, harden, and develop a deep and natural shine.
Alternatively, if you want an instant, deeper shine, you can apply MW Q-Lac.
- Orders are dispatched Monday - Thursday, and most Fridays
- Place your order before 3pm (GMT) and it should get sent the same day
- Orders placed on Friday may not get dispatched until Monday, but maybe...
- Orders placed Saturday or Sunday will be dispatched Monday
- UK - Royal Mail First Class - No tracking - Usually arrives next day but please allow 7 days
- Worldwide - Royal Mail Airmail - No tracking - Usually 5-10 days but please allow at least 28 days as delivery to some countries has been taking a very long time recently (sometimes 2-3 months!). So please do not ask me for times because I simply do not know.
- Help spread the word - Please return to the shop after purchase and leave a review
- If you have already purchased this product from Ebay, you are still welcome to leave a review